IN LINE WITH BEST PRACTICE
- Hours are in line with Swim Ireland’s ‘Long term athlete development” aquatic pathway.
- This structure allows swimmers to progress through squads as they improve.
- The goal is to keep peer groups together to build teams and retain swimmers.
- No early morning sessions for under 12’s. (Best practice).
- Mix of morning and evening sessions for over-12s (best practice).
- Dove tailing of sessions allows squads to mix and good habits to be shared.
Our talented team is going all out. Watch them make history!
Senior National Squad
Over 13 and have or are capable of achieving National Age Group Competition times.
Senior Provisional Squad
Over 13 and have or are capable of achieving Provincial Competition times.
For swimmers who may not be able to commit to the squad which matches their ability but wish to stay fit.
Junior National Squad
Under 13 and have or are capable of achieving National Age Group Competition times.
Junior Provincial Squad
Under 13 and have or are capable of achieving Provincial Competition times.
- Must be assessed to ensure the club is the right fit for the swimmer.
- Where deemed appropriate, swimmers may need to start with fewer hours and build up to provisional full hours, unless already at this level or above.
- Coaches will decide on all upgrades and all coaching matters.
- All squad movements are assessed on an individual basis.
If you are not sure what squad you are on, ask your coach!