Celtic Waves Swimming Club is committed to providing the best possible environment for the individual to reach their optimum potential through excellence in coaching support in a safe environment and in line with best practice!
- We understand that winning is much more than one’s place in the finish of a race, and we are committed to helping individuals grow in character, physical development, and skill.
- Coaches will work closely with each and every swimmer to help achieve appropriate personal goals and suggestions on how to achieve them.
- To provide excellence in professional coaching and programs and to develop individuals to the best of their abilities to compete at the highest levels.
- To provide an atmosphere that inspires swimmers to achieve their maximum potential through a strong work ethic, discipline, self-motivation and self-esteem.
- To develop team unity where everyone encourages and takes pride in each other at all levels of competition.
- To instil a life long love of swimming through enjoyment and accomplishment at all levels of swimming.
Celtic Waves Swimming Club Values
- Club Values are the core beliefs that shape the way people behave and make decisions.
- They provide a framework for how members treat one another and how they treat others, such as potential members and other clubs. These values help the club members, volunteers and leaders to contribute effectively to our shared purpose.
- Accessible – Questions about our club are welcome
- Accountable – We will be transparent about what, how and why we operate the way we do
- Child Welfare – All members and coaches will adhere to best practice and Sport Ireland / Swim Irelands Code of Practice for Children in Sport.
- Dedication – We expect all members to make a commitment to the club and to its teams
- Encourage – Learning and Knowledge
- Enjoyable – Participating should enhance people’s natural enjoyment of sport
- Excellence – We will work to achieve the highest standards
- Integrity – We will act in a fair and consistent and transparent manner
- Professional – Club representatives will conduct themselves in all their dealings in a way that confers and earns respect, and demonstrates integrity
- Recognition – Of the needs of the individual
- Respect – Respect your fellow teammates, coaches, and club, and support them to your utmost in the teams endeavors. We believe in fair play.